Traineeship opportunities with the
Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe
The Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe offers traineeships at any time during the year for a period of 8 weeks (maximum).
Who can apply?
Nationals of the member States of the Council of Europe (please see: http://hub.coe.int/).
- Completion of a first degree or successful completion of at least three years of university study;
- Very good knowledge of one of the Council of Europe's official languages (English and French) and a good knowledge of the other;
- Good drafting ability in one of the official languages.
The duties to which trainees are assigned include assisting with different types of drafting, research and the preparation of activities.
The Parliamentary Assembly does not offer remunerated traineeships but trainees are covered by medical and accident insurance during the traineeship period. Trainees are entitled to two days leave per month. The usual working hours are Monday to Friday, 9 am to 6 pm.
How to apply?
Please address a motivation letter (in either English or French) and your CV to Mr Horst Schade, Director of General Services, Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe.
In your letter please indicate:
- the eight week period when you would like to do your traineeship;
- which Parliamentary Assembly committees you are interested and why (for further information on the committees you may wish to consult our website, http://www.assembly.coe.int/nw/Home-EN.asp
Please send your CV and motivation to Ms Beejul Tanna (email@example.com)
Your application should be submitted at least 2 months before you wish to start your traineeship.
Please note: in order to enable the largest number of applicants to benefit from an opportunity for a traineeship at the Council of Europe, nobody may undertake more than one traineeship in the Council of Europe.
If you have any questions about our traineeships please contact Beejul Tanna by e-mail or by telephone: 00 33 (0) 388413975.