Autumn session: decision-making process concerning credentials and voting
Strasbourg, 8-12 October
Following a process of internal reflection over the last year on its "role and mission", PACE is due to discuss the strengthening of its decision-making process concerning credentials and voting at its autumn session in Strasbourg.
It will also hold a joint debate on the foreign funding of Islam in Europe and the radicalisation of migrants and diaspora communities.
The winner of the 2018 Václav Havel Human Rights Prize will be announced on Monday, from a shortlist of three nominees, and the prize awarded in a special ceremony in the plenary.
Other items on the agenda include the crash of Polish Air Force Tu-154M transporting the Polish State delegation, the treatment of Palestinian minors in the Israeli justice system, deal-making in criminal procedures and nuclear safety and security in Europe.
Reports on migration from a gender perspective, family reunification in member states and equality in private life regardless of sexual orientation are also due for debate.
PACE will assess the Council of Europe's co-operation with the United Nations' human rights mechanisms, and there will be a debate on the role of national parliaments in successful decentralisation processes, with a statement by the President of the Congress of Local and Regional Authorities.
The Assembly is due to elect judges to the European Court of Human Rights in respect of Albania, Norway and Turkey.
The Organisation's Secretary General will answer questions from Assembly members and the Deputy Prime Minister and Minister for Foreign and European Affairs of Croatia, who chairs the Council of Europe's Committee of Ministers, will present the communication on its recent activities. The Minister for Foreign Affairs of Tunisia will address the Assembly and answer questions.
The Assembly will decide its final agenda on the opening day of the session.
Monday 8 October 2018
- Doc. 14608 (Election observation report) Observation of the early presidential and parliamentary elections in Turkey (24 June 2018)
Tuesday 9 October 2018
- Doc. 14605 (Communication) Election of Judges to the European Court of Human Rights List and curricula vitae of candidates submitted by the Government of Albania
- Doc. 14603 (Communication) Election of Judges to the European Court of Human Rights List and curricula vitae of candidates submitted by the Government of Norway
- Doc. 14613 (Communication) Election of Judges to the European Court of Human Rights List and curricula vitae of candidates submitted by the Government of Turkey
- Doc. 14583 (Report) The treatment of Palestinian minors in the Israeli justice system
Wednesday 10 October 2018
- Doc. 14617 (Report) Regulating foreign funding of Islam in Europe in order to prevent radicalisation and Islamophobia
- Doc. 14619 (Report) Unlimited access to member States, including “grey zones”, by Council of Europe and United Nations human rights monitoring bodies
Thursday 11 October 2018
- Doc. 14606 (Report) Migration from a gender perspective: empowering women as key actors for integration