Legal Affairs and Human Rights
Did you know?
The Committee on Legal Affairs and Human Right promotes the rule of law and defends human rights. It is also responsible for a whole variety of activities that make it, de facto, the Assembly's legal adviser.
In June 2018, Thorhildur Sunna Ævarsdóttir (Iceland, SOC) was elected as Chairperson of the Committee.
Presentation of the Committee on Legal Affairs and Human Rights.
All items due for discussion and decision.
List of reports under preparation in the committee.
The committee's public documents and declarations.
Details of decisions taken by the committee at each meeting (synopses).
The Committee on Legal Affairs and Human Rights promotes the rule of law and defends human rights.
The 87 members are appointed by the national delegations to the Assembly and may belong to one of the six political groups in the Assembly or be non-registered.
The committee currently has three sub-committees:
- Mr Günter SCHIRMER - Head of the Secretariat
- Mr David MILNER - Deputy to the Head of the Secretariat
6.002+33/3 90 21 5327
- Ms Agnieszka SZKLANNA - Secretary
- Ms Kelly SIPP - Co-Secretary
- Ms Eilean MACKIE - Administrative assistant
- Mme Catherine DREYFUS - Assistant