Autumn Session: President Macron addresses PACE at its October session
Strasbourg, 30 September-4 October
The President of the French Republic, Emmanuel Macron, will address PACE and answer questions from parliamentarians on Tuesday 1 October, during a session marking the 70th anniversary of the Council of Europe, to be held in the presence of former Assembly Presidents.
French Secretary of State for European Affairs Amélie de Montchalin will present the communication from the Committee of Ministers and Marija Pejcinovic Buric, newly elected Secretary General of the Council of Europe, will address the Assembly.
During the autumn session, the Assembly will focus in particular on the protection of whistleblowers, common standards for ombudsman institutions, and the protection of victims of terrorism.
The Assembly will also discuss the Crimean Tatars, climate refugees and labour migration in Eastern Europe, and obstetrical and gynaecological violence.
Reports on the functioning of democratic institutions in the Republic of Moldova, and on post-monitoring dialogue with Northern Macedonia, as well as a report on the contribution of the Council of Europe Development Bank to a more inclusive society, with an intervention by its Governor, also feature on the agenda.
The winner of the 2019 Václav Havel Human RIghts Prize – chosen from a shortlist of three nominees – will be announced on Monday 30 September. The Prize will be awarded at a special ceremony in the plenary, in the presence of the 2018 winner, the head of the Grozny office of the Human Rights Memorial Centre in Chechnya, Oyub Titiev (Russian Federation), whose release from prison last June was welcomed by the PACE President.
Tuesday 1 October 2019
Wednesday 2 October 2019
- Doc. 14954 (Communication) Election of Judges to the European Court of Human Rights List and curricula vitae of candidates submitted by the Government of Portugal
- Doc. 14953 (Report) Ombudsman institutions in Europe - the need for a set of common standards
- Doc. 14961 (Report) The Council of Europe Development Bank: contributing to building a more inclusive society
- Doc. 14957 (Report) Protecting and supporting the victims of terrorism
- Doc. 14964 (Report) Post-monitoring dialogue with North Macedonia
Thursday 3 October 2019
- Doc. 14965 (Report) Obstetrical and gynaecological violence
- Doc. 14955 (Report) A legal status for "climate refugees"
- Doc. 14963 (Report) The functioning of democratic institutions in the Republic of Moldova